What is streaming?
Streaming allows you to play a program straight from beIN SPORTS CONNECT via the Internet, without you having to download the program to your hard drive.
Do I need to disable antivirus software or firewalls to use beIN SPORTS CONNECT?
You don’t need to disable your antivirus software to use beIN SPORTS CONNECT. For firewalls at home: Please accept the request from your firewall asking if it's OK to access beIN SPORTS CONNECT. To make beIN SPORTS CONNECT an exception to your computer's firewall, go to your Internet Provider's Help section and follow the instructions. For firewalls at work, please contact your company's Information Technology department.
What speed setting should I use for live content?
The beIN SPORTS CONNECT player incorporates adaptive streaming when available, so will always provide you with the best quality video available on your Internet connection. This is also aimed to ensure that content doesn't buffer when your Internet connection drops in speed (it is not a constant value at all times). In addition the live player on beIN SPORTS CONNECT also allows you to mannually select your speed. Sometimes this allows you to achieve a slightly better quality but may result in some buffering.
How will beIN SPORTS CONNECT affect my download limit with my Internet service provider?
Watching beIN SPORTS CONNECT is like watching any other streaming service. If you already watch other Internet streaming services such as Netflix or YouTube then you shouldn't notice much difference in your bandwith usage. If however, you are new to streaming content, we recommend you monitor your usage and consider increasing your download limit with your ISP.
How will beIN SPORTS CONNECT affect my data allowance with my mobile service?
Watching beIN SPORTS CONNECT is like watching any other streaming service. If you already watch other Internet streaming services such as Netflix or YouTube then you shouldn't notice much difference in your data usage. If however, you are new to streaming content, we recommend you monitor your usage and consider upgrading your data plan with your mobile provider. Alternatively, you can watch beIN SPORTS CONNECT while connected to WiFi.
The video is skipping or choppy, what can I do?
We recommended a broad band internet connection of at least 1.0 mbps to assure smooth playback. You can check connection speed at Speedtest If your connection is slower than 1 Mbps you may want to contact your internet service provider about a faster connection. If your connection is fast enough, and you’re still having problems please try the following:
- If you’re on a WIFI connection, try moving closer to WIFI router for a stronger signal, or if possible use a wired connection
- If you’re running other bandwidth intensive programs, such as, Outlook, Spotify, BitTorrent, Vuze, Internet phone service (Skype, Vonage, etc.), downloads, etc. try pausing, or closing them.
- If you’re sharing an internet connection check if other people are using bandwidth intensive programs
- If your video stalls only in full-screen mode, try lowering your desktop resolution.
- Try turning off any CPU-intensive programs you're running, or rebooting your computer.
- Make sure your Flash drivers are up to date. Click here to download to install the latest version.
- Perform a traceroute. If you receive an output with 13 or more hops, the problem is most likely related to how your Internet Service Provider is routing your computer's requests to the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to fix this problem - you can try contacting your Internet Service Provider to request help.
My screen goes black or displays a spinning graphic, audio continues to play. What should I do?
Right click (or ctrl click if using a Mac) on the Flash Player
- A popup box will appear on the screen
- Un-check the 'enable hardware acceleration' tick box
- Select 'Close'
- Refresh the webpage (Press F5, or close and re-open your browser, or click on the refresh icon)
NOTE: OS X Lion wont allow you to 'click' disable hardware acceleration. Instead please highlight the box using the tab key then use space bar to de-select hardware acceleration.
I get a message to enable cookies. What is that?
Cookies are small files that websites you visit stored on your computer so that they can authenticate you after you have logged in initially. If you do not allow beIN SPORTS CONNECT to store cookies on your computer, you won’t be able to access the site.
I can’t switch to full screen, what should I do?
To play back in full screen mode you’ll need the latest version of Flash. Click here
to download it for free. If you’re already running the latest version, and still have problems please check your video acceleration settings:
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) in the Click to Play window and select Settings, the first tab shown is for Display.
- Remove the tick from the box next to enable hardware acceleration.